Wolbers is a professional aviation and nature photographer with over
decades of experience. Initially based in the Netherlands, Jeroen has
recently relocated to Melbourne in Australia.
Jeroen's interest in photography started during his adolescence, when
he lived close to the Twenthe RNeAF Air Base in the Netherlands.
has remained active as a photographer ever since.
Some highlights of his long career include (in no particular order):
Jeroen's “weapon of choice” are Nikons, previously 35 mm and more
recently D-series digital, mostly with Nikkor glass. His work has been
published extensively in glossy journals, books and websites.
- Photographing operational MiG-21 Fishbed, MiG-23 Flogger,
MiG-25, Foxbat MiG-27 Flogger,
MiG-29 Fulcrum, Su-17 and Su-22 Fitter, Su-24 Fencer, Su-25 Frogfoot,
Su-27 Flanker aircraft in the former
East-Germany and Poland in the early nineties;
- photographing operational Tu-22M Backfire, Tu-95M Bear and
Blackjack aircraft in the former Soviet Union in 1993;
- photographing Red Flag exercises at Nellis Air Force Base,
Nevada in the US;
- photographing Royal Jordanian Air Force including flying
the C-130H Hercules;
- photographing live fire exercises at the Axalp-Ebenfluh
Range in Switzerland;
- photographing NATO Tiger Meet-exercises.